Monday, August 22, 2016

Trying out the Interdictor


After playing a bunch of games with Rebels in the lead up to GenCon, I was actually looking forward to playing some games with the Interdictor.  After the last two posts theorizing how to get the most out of the Interdictor it was time to build a fleet.



Basic Plan

I wanted a fleet to try out some of the theory crafting I'd been doing with the Interdictor.  I wanted to test out the Interdictor's combat abilities and see how I could manipulate some objectives with the new upgrades.  To that end I knew I would be taking an Interdictor Suppression Refit.  The Suppression Refit would let me try out 2 of the new upgrades and has the extra blue dice for the Ion Cannon upgrades.  I decided to go with a Grav Shift Reroute, Targeting Scramblers, and Ion Cannon Batteries to test my theories.

Admiral


I really think that Vader is a great Admiral for the Interdictor.  It has plenty of defense tokens to feed his ability and you can use his re-rolls to fish for the blue crits that you want to trigger.

Other Ships

Knowing I have Vader lends itself to bringing an ISD I.  I think the ISD I can really benefit quite a bit from his Re-rolls.  Also, with the Interdictor not being a real heavy hitter, having some punch from the ISD I will give my opponent something else to think about.  When it finally arrives, I think the Arquitens will be another ship that works great with Vader.  In the meantime, I decided to stick a Raider I in with the fleet.

Upgrades


The big weakness of the ISD I is the lack of ECM.  The Targeting Scrambler should help with that, but I figure that some Projection Experts will help out as well, allowing the Interdictor to focus on Repair commands.  Captain Needa also seemed like a good fit for the Interdictor, so I put him on there as well.  The ISD I could use some XI7s to help it punch through more damage and Assault Protons can go on the Raider which can use Vader re-rolls to fish for crits.

Squadrons
 

When I play Imperials I usually stick to the Imperial ships.  I just love the look of TIEs.  I decided on a mix of 4 TIE Fighters, 2 TIE Advanced, Howlrunner, and Mauler Mithel.  The plan would be to hold them near the Raider and then use a command or two from the ISD to counterattack with my squadrons.

Objectives

As I wrote before there are plenty of strong objective choices for the Interdictor.  I decided to use Contested Outpost, Dangerous Territory, and Advanced Gunnery.  I feel I would have a pretty strong advantage with any of those objectives.

The fleet:

ISD I
  • Darth Vader
  • XI7 Turbolasers
Interdictor Suppression Refit
  • Grav Shift Reroute
  • Targeting Scrambler
  • Ion Cannon Batteries
  • Captain Needa
  • Projection Experts
Raider I
  • Assault Proton Torpedoes
4x TIE Fighter
2x TIE Advanced
Howlrunner
Mauler Mithel

398 Points      

I like it.  It seems pretty well rounded, but has some things my opponent will have to account for.  Look for some battle reports here soon. 

What do you think? 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun to try. Vader and the ISD-1 work together very nicely, and the Interdictor buffs the rest of the fleet.

    I would also recommend trying this out with the Grav upgrade that slows enemy ships. It can really mess up an opponent from getting out of the ISD-1s front arc - and getting more powerful shots off as a result.

    ReplyDelete